Sunday, December 14, 2008

Training Your Faith

Faith is vital, And extremely hard to come by. Most people lose their faith. They encounter what they perceive as “cynicism”, or “immorality”, and they lose it. without even thinking about it they lose it. This usually happens as you grow up.

There are a few people that don't lose their faith. But most people do. In fact, it seems the natural course to take; Life is great as a child, as you grow up you suddenly have all these expectations turned to dust, you become cynical, etc etc.

But some people don't lose their faith. Why? I don't have a clue.

At this point I should make it clear that I'm not talking about faith in god, or in some organized religion.

This is about something else. Something bigger. Something a lot more mysterious. Something profound. It's hard to put you finger on it. But there's this feeling, this sense. It can barely be described. It's to be found when you least expect it. In fact, you won't find it when you do expect it. But it's there. And the paradox is, you have to look for it without expecting to actually find it. I know I'm not making any sense (I usually don't).

I suppose it's called faith for a reason, but I don't want you to have faith in God, or church, or country, or Buddha, or some guru, or me, or anything. I don't want you to have blind faith.

I want you to have questioning faith...

What I'm trying to talk about is not there. There is mysticism in this world, it's only very hard to talk about accurately. It's where you cant find it. But you can find it. That's the strange thing.

I don't know anything, nor have I found this thing I'm trying to talk about. I'm only trying to point at the strangeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment